Monday 9 March 2015

Hello!!

Hi there... 

"Dreams are necessary to life" - Anaïs Nin


    Finland // Lake Päijänne // Late summer
© Beki Cowey (2013)
 
  
I've been meaning to start writing a blog for so long it seems to have turned into forever. I wanted somewhere to share the interesting things that I have discovered. Some way of documenting my life. I kept saying "tomorrow... tomorrow..." but then tomorrow quickly becomes today, and then you leave it again and it was yesterday already...

I am here now, and I am writing something down which is always a good start for this kind of thing I guess...

Anyway a bit about myself:


    Me in a few guises...    © Beki Cowey (2015)

My interests are quite scattered around, but they're part of what makes me. I love a good story, interesting places and people, I love to look, discovering new things, trying new food... Art, culture, a good book, a film... 

I am a magpie of stuff and I guess that is reflected in my personal style too. I collect, or maybe the better word is accumulate vintage clothes, no particular era just interesting pieces that catch my eye and get added to the floordrobe.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere in North Yorkshire on the edge of the moors. My mum breeds horses and my animals are probably the biggest thing I miss about the countryside, but a menagerie of horses, dogs, cats and chickens don't fit very well in a flat.

I now live in North London with my partner a Finnish designer and guitarist. I have worked on and off as a freelance photographer for over 10 years. I started out in photography after I dropped out of a fashion degree and started shooting local bands, I loved the nomadic life on the road... I have been lucky enough to work with some great people and have been published and exhibited my work both in the UK and internationally.



    Me, again... On location for a portrait shoot with a band a few years back
© Beki Cowey (2012)
I recently took a break from taking pictures professionally and the inertia of not having something creative in my life has half driven me mad so be prepared for lots of pictures. 

Please bear with me while I figure out the design, I'm sure there will be some experimentation before I get there.


You can find me on: 

Instagram: @bekitakespictures

Twitter: @bekicoweyphoto

Email: bekicowey@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment